"Child, give me your hand that I might walk in the light of your faith in me."
Valwood's Lower School is a place to study and much more... it is a community where children develop a life-long love of learning as they build their self-esteem and cultivate their talents; a place where students are provided an atmosphere conducive to learning in a stimulating and nurturing environment.
As a faculty we strive to bring the student's world into the classroom, creating excitement by filling their home-away-from-home with adventure and challenge. We strive to instill in our students the desire to perform to their fullest potential and to develop in them that thirst for knowledge which leads to success and fulfillment.
The Lower School provides:
- class sizes ranging from 15-18 students
- a solid foundation in mathematics, science, social studies and language arts
- a strong partnership between school and home
- an atmosphere of warmth, respect, courtesy and purposefulness
- weekly classes in choral music, instrumental music, art, physical education and Spanish for all grades and technology class for grades 3rd-5th
- talented, dedicated teachers who are committed to helping each child grow academically and personally
Lower School Dean